Thursday, June 6, 2013

Check-in Time

It is now 2:53 am. I found myself wide awake at 2 am and though I tried to go back to sleep (the alarm is set for 4:30 am) I could not. My mind kept racing, thinking about the upcoming trip and the previous evening's challenges.

I tried to do the online check in and discovered that for flights to Ghana and a few other places in the world you have to present the credit card that purchased the flight at the Delta check-in counter along with an ID with a matching name to the card. I tried to explain over the phone to the Delta agent that it was a corporate card purchase and that I was not in possession of the card. I quickly learned that the standard response is "The person who made the purchase can simple take the card to any airline, along with the confirmation number, show a valid drivers license with a name that matches the card.". I of course explained that the nearest airport is an hour away only to have him reiterate the same response.

Finally after some phone tag between Melisa, Caroline, and I (Caroline is the holder of the card); Caroline and I discussed options. I called Delta back, got the same standard line and asked to speak to a supervisor. More time on hold. In the end, all the supervisor could do for me was to refund the ticket amount to the original college card and put it on my card. Fortunately, there were no additional fees and I got all my previous seat assignments.

So this morning, at 6:30 am I will be good to go since I will be able to present the card that the ticket was bought with, along matching ID... my card, my driver's license.

No comments:

Post a Comment