Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Grand Valley State University Volunteers at Run-Off Restaurant


Part of my time with Challenging Heights has involved creating a video showcasing the Run-Off Restaurant and Bar. Run-Off is a business for charity. 100% of the income from Run-Off Restaurant goes to support the education of children.

The restaurant was set up for the purpose of raising funds for Challenging Heights which is a charity that supports the development and education of children in Ghana. If you would like to find out more about Challenging Heights, visit www.challengingheights.org.

In order to get the pictures for the video I had the opportunity to eat at Run-Off a few times and found the food delicious. I was hoping to be able to include the link to the video I created but unfortunately, I have tried twice to upload it to Youtube and twice it has errored-out. I will try again tomorrow from the Challenging Heights School because the internet is supposed to be faster there. Once I get it successfully posted, I will include the link.

On Monday, I got to meet an awesome group of volunteers from Grand Valley State University in Michigan. They attended the orientation session at the Challenging Heights Office and then we all headed over to Run-Off for lunch.
A lot of the dishes that Run-Off offers were tried by the GVSU gang. Below are a few of them. More pictures can also be found from the day on Facebook.
Fish with yam chips. The fish had a chip in his mouth.

Spaghetti Bologaise

Ghanian version of Macaroni Cheese

Chicken with fried rice and plantain

Chicken vegetable fried rice. (My dish)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment