Thursday, June 13, 2013

What I'm eating and where I'm sleeping

I had two requests today. One was to send pictures of my room and
the other was to include a picture of me. It’s kind of hard to get pictures of myself when I’m always the person behind the camera. But tonight in honor of the Ghanian dish that I was eating, I had my dinner partner, Kelsey, take a picture of me eating fish soup and banku. The fish soup was very spicy with lots of garlic in it along with the whole fish, eyes and all. Banku is fermented dough; definitely filling.

I got lucky enough to get a corner room at Lagoon Lodge so I have windows in my bedroom and two sets of windows in the bathroom; which is very helpful when trying to dry the clothes that I have been washing in the bucket you see in the shower. As it is, it usually takes at least three days to dry anything because of the humidity. I have been told that I have come at a good season because it is much cooler.The hot season is in January and February. All I know is that when I get back to my room at the end of the day, the first thing I do is jump into the cold shower and my clothes need washing every day because of the sweat.

Today my assignment with Challenging Heights was to go to the restaurant that James has started and take pictures in order to produce a short promo video. The profits from the restaurant go toward supporting the school. In any case, I had to order a dish so that I could get some food shots too. I thought I ordered chicken and jollof rice but I ended up with fish and jollof rice. It cost me 11 cedis which is about $5.50 US. That also included a bottle of water. The fish was very good.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment