Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday morning ramblings

This brush was along my walk this morning and I thought the combination of the flowers and seed pods was nice.
It’s a very hot muggy morning. I mentioned that it was a muggy day to the taxi driver and I realized that he didn’t know what that meant when he asked me what kind of day is muggy. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be any breeze either so the windows in the office which usually let in a nice breeze are no help at cooling me off now that I have arrived.

I think some of the taxi drivers are beginning to recognize my route because today’s driver came and found me on campus. Not all taxis can come onto campus. They have to have special stickers. But today’s pulled up beside me when I was only half way toward the location where I usually picked up a taxi. I told him I wanted a shared taxi and he said, “This is a shared taxi.” I was the first one to be picked up so I was lucky to get the front seat.

I’ve been trying to capture some videos while riding in the front seat of the drive to or from the office. Each taxi has various things hanging from their rear view mirror and on the window so it can be a challenge to video around them. I don’t think my morning effort was very successful because he had a flag on his window that kept waving in front of the lens. Maybe this afternoon will be better, if I can get the front seat, because Tuesday is Market day so the streets will be full of activity and life. I would love to capture that flavor in video.

I think some kind of weather is coming in because I woke up with a headache and I have a feeling it’s because of the barometric pressure.

The campus caretakers were out in full force this morning and I took some time to photograph them. I saw one power lawnmower but I also saw at least four men who were mowing the lawns with machetes. One had a stick that held him up as he bent to chop the grass.

Because I was picked up by the taxi sooner than usual, I also got to the office sooner than usual. So while I wait for someone to arrive who had a key, I took the opportunity to use my tripod and self-time to take a self-portrait.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment